HAVE YOU EVER FELT ISOLATED?
Have you ever felt so lonely that it seems like you are completely isolated from others - and maybe from the rest of the world? It could be so hurtful that living is painful.
Yesterday, a young man described such a feeling to me. And he is not the only one.
I understood him very well - I know this felling myself!
He kept on talking and told me about his desire to become the one and only on some others "Top List"... a friend or a spouse. He wanted really to be someones favorites. But at the same time he felt shame for having such a feelings.
Well ... I myself have felt similar feelings - and I think we all do now and then - if not most of the time.
IS THERE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO HELP?
Here are few suggestions:
- Remember you are connected to everyone - nobody is really an island. Your soul is so big it can merges with souls of many others - there are no limits!
- GIVE what YOU want. If you go to someone else who are lonely and give her/him compassion - it would be impossible for you to feel lonely at the same time.
- When you give repeatedly to others - you will most likely become their favorites.
- Ask yourself: Would I like to have JUST ONE favorite on my own Top List?
- BECOME THE ONE YOU ARE WAITING FOR! Be a good companion to yourself - smile to the person in the mirror - say something nice and give her a hug! Dont wait!